Free Internet for Life Sweepstakes
"OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES"
“WIN IDEATEK FREE INTERNET FOR LIFE SWEEPSTAKES”
SPONSORED BY IDEATEK TELCOM, LLC
(hereafter, “IdeaTek” or “Sponsor”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE STATE OF KANSAS AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE STATE OF KANSAS ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY KANSAS LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND/OR RESIDING OUTSIDE OF A CURRENT IDEATEK INTERNET SERVICE AREA IN THE STATE OF KANSAS AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES CAREFULLY AS THE OFFICIAL RULES REQUIRE THAT ENTRANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL AND THAT DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES BE RESOLVED IN ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, RATHER THAN BY CLASS ACTIONS, AND LIMIT YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE.
- ENTRY PERIOD: WIN IDEATEK FREE INTERNET FOR LIFE SWEEPSTAKES (hereafter, “Sweepstakes”) commences on June 19, 2023 at 12:00:00 AM CST local time (“LT”) and ends at Friday, July 14 at 11:59:59 PM CST (the “Entry Period”). The database clock for the servers operating the IdeaTek entry form website will be the official timekeeping devices for the Sweepstakes. Except as otherwise specifically stated in these Official Rules, all times mentioned in these Official Rules are local time. A day is the 24-hour period beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. and ending that same day at 11:59:59 p.m. (a “Day”).
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to win the Sweepstakes you must, as of June 19, 2023 be: (i) a State of Kansas resident; and (ii) residing in a current fiber internet IdeaTek service area or wireless internet connected IdeaTek service area with clear line of sight from an existing IdeaTek wireless internet tower (IdeaTek will not remove any obstacles, natural or man-made, to create a clear line of sight), and (iii) who is at least 18 years of age at time of entry (hereafter, “Eligible Entrants”). Employees, agents, directors of IdeaTek, Bowercomm Inc. (hereafter, “Administrator”), and their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, partners, dealers, manufacturers, distributors, sponsors, advertising agencies, promotion and administration agencies and any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes (hereafter, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step-siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related), the final determination of which is solely determined by Ideatek, are not eligible to enter Sweepstakes.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by IdeaTek and by the decisions of IdeaTek; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules; (c) represent and warrant that he or she meets all the eligibility criteria set forth in these Official Rules; (d) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations; and (e) agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all liability arising out of or relating in any way to entrant’s participation in Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sweepstakes Entities. This includes, but is not limited to, any and all claims, demands, damages and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss or any other harm, suffered directly or indirectly from entrant’s participation in Sweepstakes or the receipt or acceptance, redemption, possession, use or misuse of the Prize (hereinafter defined), and for any claim including claims based on defamation, publicity rights, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action.
- HOW TO ENTER:
All entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered “Eligible Entries”. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of IdeaTek. Entries will not be returned and receipt of entry will not be acknowledged. Proof of entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by IdeaTek.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per IdeaTek service household. If it is suspected that an entrant submits more than one (1) entry, only one (1) entry will be considered. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of an entrant, the entrant will be declared to be the registered account holder of the email address associated with the disputed Sweepstakes Entry, but only if that person meets all other eligibility criteria. Otherwise, the Sweepstakes Entry may be disqualified, and any potential prize won will be forfeited in IdeaTek’s sole discretion. A registered account holder of an email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the applicable email address. Winner may be required to show proof of being the registered account holder.
One prize will be awarded to an eligible entrant as defined and pursuant to these official rules. The prize available to be won, subject to verification, is for the Eligible Entrant to receive IdeaTek internet service for Life (for the account holder only), awarded as one of the following options, dependant on winner’s service availability and subject to the terms and conditions in these official rules (hereafter, “Prize”) .
- Option A: IdeaTek Gigabit Fiber internet service with 1,000 Mbps Download and 1,000 Mbps Upload; or
- Option B: Ultra Wireless Service with up to 150 Mbps Download and 25 Mbps Upload.
Prize does not include any additional add-on services or equipment, including, but not limited to a router (including Freedom Wi-Fi™ service), mesh units, home phone service, etc. Prize is not transferable to another address or valid in the event the winner cancels service at any time following the prize fulfillment/service install.
The total cumulative ARV of the Prize awarded is $32,400 ($1,080 per/year “For life” as defined in the Terms and Conditions below). The ARV is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARVs and the actual values, if any, will not be rewarded. Winner is responsible for all costs, expenses, and taxes associated with Prize acceptance and use that are not specified herein as being awarded. If a Winner is not available or able to accept the Prize or if prize notice is returned as undeliverable.
Terms and Conditions: “For life” terms are defined as thirty (30) years, death of the winner, or if the winner moves residences – whichever comes first. Additionally, In the event that the winner violates any of IdeaTek’s residential service policies which can be found at https://ideatek.com/residential-service-level-agreement/ and which may be modified from time to time by IdeaTek for any reason, Winner shall automatically forfeit the prize associated with the Sweepstakes. IdeaTek service will not transfer to another provider in the event of IdeaTek dissolution, acquisition, merger, or similar. The Prize applies only to the service type, wireless or fiber internet, that the winner has available at the time of entry to the Sweepstakes. The dates for fulfillment of the Prize will be on or around one (1) to two (2) billing cycles following winner confirmation, but subject to change in IdeaTek’s sole discretion.
All details and other restrictions of prize not set forth in these Official Rules will be determined by IdeaTek in its sole discretion. If IdeaTek so elects, a potential prize winner may be required to submit to, and cooperate in, a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and security requirements set by IdeaTek to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Sweepstakes will not bring IdeaTek into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes or IdeaTek as determined by IdeaTek in its sole discretion. IdeaTek reserves the right to refrain from conducting any advertising or publicity associated with a winner for any reason.
Any difference between the approximate retail value and the actual value will not be awarded and any difference will not be refunded. There is no substitution or cash equivalent for any prize, except that IdeaTek in its sole discretion can substitute a prize for a prize of equal or greater value for any reason, including if a prize is not available. All income and gift taxes (including, without limitation, federal, state and/or local income and gift taxes) on or connected with any prize (and the transfer thereof), and the reporting consequences thereof, are solely the responsibility of the winner. If required by law, IdeaTek reserves the right to withhold and remit to the appropriate taxing authorities the amount of any taxes due. Expenses not stated for any prize are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner.
Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the decisions of IdeaTek and/or the Administrator shall be final, binding and conclusive in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Any person attempting to forge Prize Claim Forms or defraud IdeaTek or any of the Sweepstakes Entities in any way in connection with this Sweepstakes may be prosecuted to the fullest extent permitted under the law. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of an entrant, the entrant will be declared to be the registered account holder of the email address associated with the disputed Entry, but only if that person meets all other eligibility criteria. Otherwise, the Entry may be disqualified, and any potential prize won will be forfeited in IdeaTek’s sole discretion. A registered account holder of an email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the applicable email address. Winner may be required to show proof of being the registered account holder.
- WINNER SELECTION AND ODDS: One potential winner will be selected from among all Eligible Entries on or about July 21, 2023, conducted by Administrator or another independent organization selected by IdeaTek. The odds of winning will be determined by the number of Eligible Entries received.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION:
IdeaTek or Administrator will notify the potential winner by email within approximately five (5) business days after the random Prize drawing. The potential winner must respond within five (5) business days of receipt of email in accordance with the notification instructions and provide the Administrator with all requested information, which may include, without limitation: Participant’s first and last name, street address, city, state, ZIP Code and phone number. Entrants are responsible for ensuring their emails are able to be received correctly and Sponsoring Entities will not be responsible for emails that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in a Participant’s email or voicemail inbox.
- PRIZE CLAIM FORMS.
Prize claim documents (“Prize Claim Documents”) will then be sent to the potential winner via mail. The Prize Claim Documents for the potential winner will also include an Affidavit of eligibility/release of liability/prize acceptance, request for information, and publicity release (where permitted by law), a W-9 form (for 1099 filing), and any other documentation reasonably requested by IdeaTek, all of which the potential winner must complete and return within seven (7) days of the date the Prize Claim Documents are sent to the potential winner.
All Prize Claim Forms received after the deadline shall be deemed void and the potential winner will be disqualified. Prize Claim Forms that are complete and duly submitted to the Administrator within the required period will be verified within approximately four (4) weeks after the Prize Claim Forms are received or as soon thereafter as reasonably practical, and once verified, the winner will receive the Prize in approximately four weeks following verification.
If any potential winner cannot be reached after IdeaTek or its representative has made a reasonable effort to contact them, declines a Prize for any reason, or fails or refuses to properly sign and return all Prize Claim Forms by the redemption deadline or if the Prize Claim Forms or any portion of a Prize is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to any potential winner, or if it is discovered that a potential winner made any false statement in any Prize Claim Form, or if the potential Prize winner is at any time found to be ineligible or otherwise in violation of these Official Rules (including, without limitation, by using multiple sets of contact information or any other method in an attempt to circumvent the above-stated Entry limitations), that a potential winner has registered for the Sweepstakes using more than one email address or Digital Device, or if the potential winner declines a prize, or fails to comply with these Official Rules, such potential winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the Prize and all rights to the prize they otherwise might have received all at IdeaTek’s sole discretion. If a potential winner is unable to accept the Prize for any reason, including, but not limited to, disqualification, IdeaTek and the Sponsoring Entities will have no further obligation to the potential winner. Following the disqualification and forfeiture, IdeaTek will attempt to award any such prize to an alternate winner but will not pursue more than two alternates. The submission of Prize Claim Forms is solely the responsibility of the potential winner. Prize Claim Forms submitted become the sole property of IdeaTek and will not be returned; IdeaTek shall not be responsible to correspond with Entrants. When such documentation is properly executed and providing potential winner is otherwise in compliance with the Official Rules, potential winner will be determined to be the Sweepstakes winner (hereafter, “Winner”).
By participating in Sweepstakes, the winner acknowledges that Sweepstakes Entities have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prize and that winners will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any form of insurance relating to the Prize that winner deems appropriate.
- WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT AND MEDIA RIGHTS
Except where prohibited by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, the Winner hereby agrees and grants IdeaTek and Administrator the right, but not the obligation, to the use of their name, voice and likeness, along with their address (city and state) and any statements made by or attributed to such Winner in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, without notice, review or approval, in perpetuity and throughout the world for advertising, commercial and promotional purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes and other promotions without further compensation, and hereby releases the Sweepstakes Entities from any liability with respect thereto.
- ADDITIONAL PRIZE TERMS: IF FOR ANY REASON ANY PRIZE IS UNAVAILABLE OR CANNOT BE AWARDED BY IDEATEK, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY THE SWEEPSTAKES IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION AND AWARD A SUBSTITUTE PRIZE, OR PORTION OF PRIZE, OF COMPARABLE OR GREATER VALUE AS SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent of the Prize, or any portion thereof, is permitted by a Winner. Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner, who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Prizes. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the Prize including any applicable local, state, and federal taxes and fees are solely Winner’s responsibility. THE PRIZE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”. ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE EXPRESS OR IMPLIED IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE PRIZE(S) AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Prize pictured in online television, print, advertising, and other Sweepstakes materials are for illustrative purposes only. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Prizes, will be made by Administrator and/or IdeaTek.
- TAXES: The value of Prize is taxable to the Winner as income.The Winner must supply IdeaTek with a complete and valid IRS Form W-9 prior to receiving Prize and must comply with providing any other supporting documents required by IdeaTek relating to the Prize. Each year, an IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of the Winner for the actual value of Prize for that year of services awarded provided the aggregate value of Prize awarded to and other compensation received by Winner from IdeaTek is $600 or greater for the calendar year. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and/or use of the Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. This shall continue for the period of time in which the services included in the Prize are being awarded and shall cease upon any terminating factor as set forth in these rules pursuant to Paragraph 4, 9, 11, or any other terms and conditions in these official rules.
- GENERAL TERMS: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place, or if any Prize cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities. If, for any reason, Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, lack of significant participation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities, which, in IdeaTek’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, IdeaTek reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes and to determine the Winner in its sole discretion. If Sweepstakes or any part of Sweepstakes is terminated or modified prior to the closing date of the Sweepstakes, notice will be posted on https:/ideatek.com/internetforlife and the Prize may be awarded to a potential winner to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. IdeaTek reserves the right to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time during Sweepstakes for clarification purposes. Failure by IdeaTek to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for and will disqualify entries that are: stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, damaged, destroyed, delayed, misdirected, not received, or submissions that have incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error that may occur in the processing of the entries in Sweepstakes, or other errors appearing within the Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes-related advertisements. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of Sweepstakes, errors in processing entries, identifying the Winners, in the announcement of the Prize and Winner, and the delivery of the Prize, any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, mobile phone, computer systems, online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer system/software or mobile phone, or other portable electronic device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in Sweepstakes. Use of any device to automate or subvert entry is prohibited and any entries received by such means will be void. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entries are permitted, and any entries received by such means will be void. IdeaTek reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entry; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of Sweepstakes; (iii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iv) to display behavior that will bring such Winner or Sweepstakes Entities into disgrace; (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with Sweepstakes; or (vi) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
IN THE EVENT ENTRANT ATTEMPTS TO BRING A CLAIM, ACTION OR PROCEEDING AGAINST SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES DESPITE AGREEING NOT TO DO SO IN SECTION 2 OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AS A CONDITION OF ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (I) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES: (II) ENTRANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL OF ANY AND ALL ISSUES AND THAT ALL CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY—WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION—BY BINDING ARBITRATION (BY A SINGLE NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR SELECTED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION) ; AND (III) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGEMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, BUT IN NO EVENT SHALL SUCH CLAIMS, JUDGEMENTS OR AWARDS INCLUDE ATTORNEYS’ FEES. THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF GEORGIA.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY SUCH ENTRANT AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for ease of reference and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof.
These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in writing by a duly authorized representative of IdeaTek. IdeaTek’s employees are not authorized to modify or amend these Official Rules.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations as between Participant and the Sweepstakes Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Kansas including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s or jurisdiction’s laws.
In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the Spanish language version of these Official Rules or any Sweepstakes materials and/or Prize Claim Forms, the English version shall prevail, govern and control.
Note: You have the option to opt-out of receiving special offers and marketing material by unchecking the appropriate box when registering for the sweepstakes.
We do not sell or otherwise share the information you provide to us via Sweepstakes. This information is only used internally to compile anonymous statistics about our user base and to create a contact list for sending special offers and marketing material.
You can choose not to include some of the information requested, but some of it is required to be eligible per these rules.
You have the right to not provide the information requested or can simply not enter our sweepstakes if you do not wish to provide us with your personal information.
All data collected by our sweepstakes is protected by the same security measures and procedures as the rest of the data we collect and process on our website. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at (855) 433-2835.
- REQUEST FOR NAMES OF WINNERS AND OFFICIAL RULES: All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the names of the Winner (first name and state) must be made by Aug. 1, 2023. For the names of the Winner and/or Official Rules: (i) send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: WIN IDEATEK INTERNET FOR LIFE SWEEPSTAKES,111 Old Mill Street, Buhler, Kansas 67522 and (ii) write, as applicable, “Winner List” and/or “Official Rules” on the lower left-hand corner of the envelope.
- SPONSORED BY: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Ideatek Telcom, LLC., 111 Old Mill St. Buhler, KS 67522.
- ADMINISTERED BY: This Sweepstakes is administered by BowerComm Inc., 210 E. 30th Ave., Hutchinson, KS 67502 –
Headquartered in Buhler, Kan., Ideatek is a broadband service provider with the mission of “fighting for INTERNET FREEDOM™.” IdeaTek uses a unique and innovative approach to deploy scalable, long-term fiber optic infrastructures, bridging the broadband gap in rural communities. IdeaTek has long been a state and national advocate for broadband equity policy and has built nearly 4,500 miles of fiber throughout Kansas. They were recently named to Inc. 5000’s list of fastest growing companies for the seventh time.
© 2022 IdeaTek. All rights reserved